Today’s guest is an award-winning author and speaker who has devoted his career to neuroscience and brainwave entrainment. As the founder and creator of BrainTap Technologies, Dr. Patrick Porter has emerged as a leader in the digital health and wellness field. BrainTap’s digital tools and mind development apps use proprietary algorithms that have made tremendous advances in mastering peak performance and bettering mental, physical, and emotional health, helping people improve mental clarity, sleep quality, energy levels, and so much more. In this episode, Patrick teaches us how to apply the science of brain entrainment and meditation for personal development, even leading us through a complete meditation session towards the end of our conversation. He also elaborates on the connection between human physiology and meditation and the role of technology in health optimization and outlines his formula for happiness, which includes the realization that you are the lead actor in the performance of your life. This is probably the most powerful and transformative episode of the Know Your Physio podcast to date, so make sure not to miss it! Tune in today for key insights, practical advice, and so much more from Dr. Patrick Porter, a true visionary in the health and wellness space.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Patrick shares how he was introduced to meditation at a young age.
- Find out how he plans to accomplish his mission to “better a billion brains.”
- What you need to know about your physiology to truly understand the benefits of meditation.
- How Patrick turns ancient traditions into modern technology to aid health optimization.
- Learn how a 4-8 breathing technique influences the parasympathetic nervous system.
- Why your brain actually works better in a stress-free state.
- Hear more about the science of energy and consciousness.
- Why Patrick says that meditation is a way to prepare yourself for “real life.”
- Find out why he believes that meditation should be part of every biohacker’s experience.
- An important takeaway from this episode: we see our perception of reality, not reality itself.
- How your body is set up to help or hurt you depending on the thoughts you have about it.
- Patrick’s formula for happiness; realizing that you can only control what is in your control.
- The value of operating within what Patrick calls your cube of influence.
- Why Patrick believes that realizing you’re the lead actor in the movie of your life is the number one key to happiness.
- How turning your greatest liability into a superpower contributes to your happiness.
- Discover the incredible power of a good night’s sleep and why morning meditation is best.
- Learn about pineal gland activation and deep light penetration.
- The influence that proper fasting techniques can have on meditation and visualization.
- The benefits of minimizing environmental stressors in your life.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Dr. Patrick Porter on LinkedIn
BrainTap 30-Day Essentials Trial