Your health is not only of significance and importance to just you. Self-care is not selfish, self-care is the new healthcare and it’s vital in life and in our communities. Today’s guest is Leigh Erin Connealy, M.D., who is a prominent leader in the field of Integrative and Functional Medical. She utilizes the best of all sciences including homeopathic, conventional, Eastern medicine, and modern medicine and is the Medical Director of two unique clinics: The Center for New Medicine and Cancer Center for Healing. The Center For New Medicine focuses on prevention and internal medicine, early detection of disease and cancer, human optimization, yearly physicals, auto-immune disease, natural hormone replacement, chronic issues, and aesthetics. Dr. Connealy feels we must treat “the whole person”, the patient with the disease and not the disease of the patient, while determining the origin of the illness. Dr. Connealy created the Cancer Center for Healing because of the epidemic spread of cancer. Patients receive scientifically based treatments and integrative protocols. She has created an acute awareness of the need to focus on cancer prevention, providing unique testing to determine the early stages of cancer, years before it is revealed in a scan. This is a fascinating conversation with a physician that firmly believes in taking in the entire picture and empowering and educating her patients, while advocating for patients to get treated with the most up-to-date medicine. As listeners tune in they’ll hear from Dr. Connealy about how she got to where she finds herself today and how everything in the way we live life integrates into our health, as she likes to say, “Self-care is healthcare”. So tune in today, and enjoy!
Key Points From This Episode:
- We start with Dr. Connealy’s “Why.”
- She shares a thorough background of her life and what lead her to where she is now.
- How her health detours have dramatically changed her life and influenced her career.
- She shares thoughts about how disease diagnosis has changed over the last 65 years.
- The importance of health practitioners using updated medicine.
- Treating the whole person; their lifestyle and how they’re living is important in treatment!
- Why self-care is the new healthcare.
- Why empowering and educating patients to do scientific self-discovery is a key part of her practice.
- First-symptom effect: what it’s like taking a patient through this.
- Why patients should not take “no” for an answer when seeing a physician.
- Energy imbalances: the scenarios that lead to the crash.
- The future of medicine: energy medicine.
- Why every patient is their own clinical trial.
- Carcinogenic and environmental toxins young people are exposed to: How we can mitigate the interaction?
- Dr. Connealy dives into what an EMF is and the effects they carry.
- The importance of getting outside and grounding yourself every day.
- More about toxins from Dr. Connealy: get rid of plastics!
- Recommendations for water filtration devices/brands from Dr. Connealy.
- We end the conversation with a few rapid-fire questions: sea oils and sunscreen.
“[Health] detours are always [there] for you to learn and become awakened, to become enlightened, and to also use those detours to be of help and serve and bless other people.” — @drconnealymd [0:14:56]
“Nothing gets your attention until you have pain.” — @drconnealymd [0:15:14]
“Health is not just important to you, self-care is not selfish. Self-care is the new healthcare. You want to make sure you have health because why? It’s going to serve you, your loved ones, where you work, and more importantly, it’s going to help our community.” — @drconnealymd [0:22:51]
“We [in the USA] are a system of sick-care and not healthcare — and it’s reactive.” — @drconnealymd [0:32:45]
“I always tell people: energy precedes action.” — @drconnealymd [0:39:02]
“The plastic industry — they’ve already been sued. All these industries have been sued and nothing changes. That is what is so sad about what is going on in our world.” — @drconnealymd [0:58:30]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: