Three months after having COVID-19, our host Andrés struggled to regain his sense of smell and taste, and his lack of mental acuity almost forced him to stop creating this podcast altogether. He was then introduced to photobiomodulation and Dr. Joe DiDuro. In this episode, he chats to Dr. Joe DiDuro, about the ProNeuroLIGHT and the benefits he derived from it. Dr. Joe DiDuro is the President at ProNeuroLIGHT LLC, the CEO of Concentro Laboratories LLC, and a diplomat of the American Board of Chiropractic Neurologists, specializing in neurology. He also holds a Master of Science in Clinical Research from the Palmer College of Chiropractics and, of course, is a biohacker. While we encourage listeners to remain skeptical, in this episode, we discuss the ProNeuroLIGHT, a device consisting of infrared probes that go up your nose and activate the olfactory bulb to get more blood flowing to your brain. Tuning in, you’ll find out what transcranial photobiomodulation is and the mechanisms through which it can combat an inflammatory response causing cognitive impairment and the inability to smell and taste. We also talk about how it can improve your sleep and overall health beyond that. If you’re looking for something to help you get past the long-haul symptoms of COVID-19, this may be the solution you have been looking for, so tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- An introduction to Dr. Joe DiDuro, his credentials, and the device he sent Andrés.
- Disclosure: Having seen the benefits, Andrés is now an affiliate of the ProNeuroLIGHT.
- The after-effects of COVID that Andrés experienced and some of the things he tried to combat them.
- Some of the improvements he saw when he started using the ProNeuroLIGHT.
- Shocking statistics about the number of people who experience neurological symptoms after having COVID.
- How Dr. Joe DiDuro first started experimenting with transcranial photobiomodulation.
- The definition of transcranial photobiomodulation.
- The benefits of using the nose for this treatment.
- The benefits that Andrés started to experience apart from just relief from his symptoms.
- Dr. DiDuro explains how the ProNeuroLIGHT was able to relieve Andrés’ specific symptoms.
- Why Dr. DiDuro uses a multi-modal approach of the brain, the blood, and the body.
- Thoughts on whether or not photobiomodulation is well-established or cutting edge.
- Some of the long-haul symptoms that Andrés’ loved ones experienced and how the device helped them despite their skepticism.
- Why the timeframe for improvements from using the device is personalized and variable.
- The mechanisms through which the ProNeuroLIGHT improves your condition.
- The influence of deep sleep on the improvement of your health and how the device helps you to achieve this.
- How the human body is starved for infrared connection due to the lack of hugs we received during the pandemic.
- How Andrés recorded his data throughout the process and what he found.
- The dosage and effects for this kind of therapy and why HRV is used to drive the dosage.
- Advice to anyone on the fence about trying this.
- Thoughts on the placebo effect of this kind of treatment.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: