Whether your goal is to lose weight, gain a new skill, or run a marathon, you will no doubt need to put in a considerable amount of time and effort. In this episode, we get together with Idan Ravin to discuss his advice and insights on how to effectively pursue your aspirations. Idan is an elite performance coach and has worked with a range of individuals, from some of the world’s most respected basketball players to athletes and musicians. Listening in you’ll hear Idan share what he learned from coaching Kobe Bryant and why he was so in awe of Kobe’s mental stamina. Idan shares his insights on how to build lasting habits and explains why discipline and consistency are crucial. We end off by reflecting on the joy that comes with struggle and how it is a sign of passion and dedication. For all this and much more, tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Introducing today’s guest, elite performance coach Idan Ravin.
- Idan shares an anecdote about training Kobe Bryant.
- Why mental stamina was one of Kobe Bryant’s most impressive achievements.
- Why consistency is what makes people remarkable.
- Why you need to start with smaller commitments before working your way up.
- The types of struggles that elite athletes and average people have in common.
- Idan’s advice for maintaining good habits.
- How to become comfortable with discipline and consistency.
- How meditation can support discipline and consistency.
- Why Idan’s advice is to start with small steps to improve your habits.
- Why Idan advocates for a gentler approach to weight loss.
- How gyms can discourage people from exercising.
- How there can be joy in struggling because it means you’re passionate and dedicated.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: